So here are a few pictures of what I have been working on lately. Miles' naps have all been around 25 minutes lately, so not much opportunity to get any sewing time in.
Here is Miles' daycare rag quilt finally completed. I wanted him to have something to remind him of home to snuggle with during nap time at daycare when I go back to work. This has been in progress for months now, and I finally finished it this week. I hate clipping the seams and had been putting that part off forever. This is the last of the rag quilts for a while, I have done them to death and am ready to move onto something a little more challenging!

Just another shot from a different angle.

Here it is hanging from the tv armoire so you can see the size of it :)

Here is a sneak preview of the next quilt I am working on. It's an actual quilt I am making for Kevin's cousin Scott and his fiance Kim as a wedding present. You can see the blocks laid out here and not yet sewn together. It has since been all sewn together and I started quilting it last night so I will take a picture of it once I am done the quilting and have had a chance to bind it. I like to say it was inspired by this quilt, but really, I just stole her idea and copied it since I loved it so much :) It is made up of 5 charm packs from Tula Pink's Nest line. Notice Kevin in the bottom right-hand corner relaxing on the couch. He has been very kind to come hang out in the basement after his shifts so I can sew and not feel like I am ignoring him after not having seen him all day!

Here is Miles' daycare rag quilt finally completed. I wanted him to have something to remind him of home to snuggle with during nap time at daycare when I go back to work. This has been in progress for months now, and I finally finished it this week. I hate clipping the seams and had been putting that part off forever. This is the last of the rag quilts for a while, I have done them to death and am ready to move onto something a little more challenging!
Just another shot from a different angle.
Here it is hanging from the tv armoire so you can see the size of it :)
Here is a sneak preview of the next quilt I am working on. It's an actual quilt I am making for Kevin's cousin Scott and his fiance Kim as a wedding present. You can see the blocks laid out here and not yet sewn together. It has since been all sewn together and I started quilting it last night so I will take a picture of it once I am done the quilting and have had a chance to bind it. I like to say it was inspired by this quilt, but really, I just stole her idea and copied it since I loved it so much :) It is made up of 5 charm packs from Tula Pink's Nest line. Notice Kevin in the bottom right-hand corner relaxing on the couch. He has been very kind to come hang out in the basement after his shifts so I can sew and not feel like I am ignoring him after not having seen him all day!
I love whenever I see a new update warning on my blog! woohoo!
ReplyDeleteOkay you are a PRO blog quilter now. I'm so jealous. You are so crafty and talented. and I LOVE your monkey rag quilt the colours are GORGEOUS. It is seriously so nice. And i can't wait to see the finished new quilt. It's so pretty!!! I want a house to match your country craftiness.