Thursday, June 25, 2009

Projects and a Picnic!

Well, Kevin is finally done working on the hill, and he has a few days off before he starts working at the golf course for the summer, so yesterday he suggested we go to our favourite little town (Merrickville) and have a picnic. It was a really great idea and the weather was beautiful. The temperature was in the high 20's but there was no humidity, and a perfect day for sitting in the shade. Here are a few pictures from our little picnic!

A little shot of the park in Merrickville, it was overrun by a senior's boat cruise



Kevin maxing and relaxing in the park



Miles pre-chewing our granola bars for us :)



Miles loved opening and closing the cooler and then throwing the tupperware down the little hill (see them in the background?)



So I have also been playing around with some ideas for our niece Maddie's birthday. I made her this little tote bag from a tutorial I found here.



I like it because it is reversible!



I made her this little pencil and notepad roll too from the tutorial I found here. I modified the measurements a little but the basic idea is the same. Madeleine, if you read this, keep it under your hat until Maddie's birthday!!



Here is a picture of what it looks like open!


1 comment:

  1. love the throwing tupperwres!! What a little rascal!! SO CUTE!!!!
    Oh my gosh leigh the bag and tote is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the pencil crayon holder! and how they are arranged in rainbow colours! you ar so crafty! And the picture you took is goregous on your black cabinet - looks so country crafty! I'm so jealous I wish I had your talents.

    ReplyDelete