Saturday, May 16, 2009

First Post and First Plantings

Since this is my first post, I thought it would be fun (or rather, I had nothing else to talk about) to post about the gorgeous day we had yesterday and the fact that I was able to take full advantage! Miles and I went to the garden centre and picked up some plants. He was so good, and let me plant a couple planters, and weed the garden, mow the lawn and even get all the patio furniture out from under the tarps and get it all set up. Yesterday was also my first truly decadent moment since Miles was born. While he napped, I sat out on the deck and read a book in the sunshine. I don't think I ever truly appreciated those moments before he was born, but I certainly do now. Kevin also fixed our back fence, it was falling over into the neighbour's yard so he replaced a few posts and the concrete as well. I tell you, thrilling things go on at our house :P Anyway, here are some pictures of the fruits of our labours yesterday!


A little monkey being a good boy and eating his carrots....



Kevin installing a fence post


Our beautiful tree in the backyard, it only looks like this for a week unfortunately


My 'friendly' little yellow flowers on the front porch


One of the two planters I had a chance to plant on the deck (daisies! my favourite flower!)



3 comments:

  1. Love the first post!!! can't wait to read more!! I miss that back yard - and those friendly yellow flowers that are on your front porch ever year. I love the shot of Miles covered in carrots! isn't it so funny that those pictures always look gross on other kids, but when it's your own (or your sister's) then the mess of food is so cute! hahahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to the blogging world! I'll be keeping tabs on you guys. :) Oh, and I love the pics too... keep em coming!

    ReplyDelete